Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Will Survive!


Wow.  Having four kids has been an adjustment! And when two of those kids are sick, I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water. My 'to-do' list continues to grow - I cross off one thing, but add two more.  But, I'm not going to complain too much because I am also finding a lot of joy in this stage of my life.  Life really is good and I have four beautiful, healthy children.



I got their pictures done a couple weeks ago.  Both of Ashlyn's front teeth are loose and I wanted to get her pictures done one last time before those cute baby teeth are gone and she has big gaps in her smile.

Picture day is always stressful.  Just figuring out what they are going to wear is enough to make me pull my hair out.  The day after I made the appointment for the pictures, Luke had a run-in with a hot iron.  I kept the appointment regardless, and thanks to photoshop, no one is the wiser.


 My boys are so handsome.  Even if I am a little biased, there's no denying it.

Truth be told, I'm not thrilled with how the pics turned out.  They got some good individual shots, but I really wanted a group picture...Luke had different plans.  He can be a little uncooperative.  That first picture and the one below are the absolute best of the worst. 


The photographer was a little enamored with Chase and he received the most camera time.  I can't really blame her.  He was also the easiest to work with :o)


Chase has officially passed the one month milestone.  Last week I tried to put him in the outfit that he wore when he came home from the hospital and it didn't fit.  So sad.  People say it all the time, but I'll say it again - time flies!  He has proven to be my best baby.  He really is absolutely the sweetest thing.  Thanks to lots of kisses from his older brother, he caught a bug this week.  But even when he is miserable (fever, gunky eyes, cough, upset belly, runny nose) he hardly makes a fuss.  I have been truly blessed with this one.  He is a definite keeper!

9 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

You are right- you have very beautiful children. I think the pictures turned out great! And Chase really is such a doll. What a sweet little boy (with so much gorgeous hair!!).

Princess said...

I seriously can't believe how fast time flies. So what you're telling me is not buy too many newborn outfits as they will not fit in a few weeks? Great. :) Those pictures are adorable. Love you

All About M.E.('s) said...

I think the pictures are great! They did a better job with your than they did with mine. And, I have found that I am pretty critical of pictures the first few times that I look at them, but as time passes the pictures look better and better and then they become perfect. Maybe it's because as time passes you just see your kids at that age and stage and you see their little personalities shine through in the pictures. Suddenly, the little imperfections become the best part of the picture. They are a good lookin' bunch!

Lindsay said...

SUCH cute kids! Little Chase is such an angel - what a sweetie! They are all so dang precious - you guys know how to make 'em!

Heather said...

Beautiful babies! Luke and Trent look especially grown up to me. Wise thinking on the whole picture BEFORE the loss of the two front teeth..wish I would have thought of that back in December :) Miss you, and need to come get my little fix of Chase!

Heather said...

Beautiful babies! Luke and Trent look especially grown up to me. Wise thinking on the whole picture BEFORE the loss of the two front teeth..wish I would have thought of that back in December :) Miss you, and need to come get my little fix of Chase!

Sandi said...

I love the pictures! And, like you I am biased about your beautiful children. We will be having family pictures taken at Thanksgiving time because Stacey will be here with baby Lorenzo. Can't wait! We love you guys!

The Wright's said...

I love these photo!!! I love how you can see every little personality come through. And no iron mark! That's a plus!! I love these.

Monica Lifferth said...

These pictures make my heart ache a little. I can't wait to squeeze them all again and hold little Chase. I was staring at his picture on our fridge this morning. I hope his hair stays dark. I love it.