Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mi Amor

Since today is Valentine's Day, I'd like to pay a little tribute to the love of my life. Brian is my best friend and I am so happy to be married to him. We really are a great fit. Sad, though, that this is the most recent picture of us I could find -

Years and years ago (probably 5 or 6) we had a family night at my parents house and my Dad had us each list on an index card the things we were most grateful for. Then on the back we listed the things we loved most about our spouses. I have kept mine in my wallet for all these years and will, from time to time, pull it out and read it. My list still holds true six years later, although I could add more. These are the things I wrote:

1. Great with children
2. Hardworking
3. Financially wise
4. Tells me I'm beautiful
5. Sense of humor
6. Independent
7. Willing to do what I ask

I love you Brian, even more today than I did when I wrote that list.

Happy Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

That is a fabulous picture. Haha.

Good list!! You two look happy together :)

Princess said...

Aww that is so sweet! I think it is great that you guys are such a good fit AND that someone was able to love my brother! ;) Love you!

brian said...

Who is this??

Jamie said...

Aaaawwww, so sweet!

The Wright's said...

I love Brian too - but I love you more! :) What a great tribute to a great couple!