Wednesday, January 25, 2012

School Shmool

My cousin Jen called me early this afternoon to see if I wanted to join her for free zoo day. I declined, because well, I was still in my pajamas, I was about to feed the kids their lunch, and Ashlyn needed to be to school in less than and hour. But, maybe next time.

The kids were eating their lunch and I was cooking up some pork chops to put in the crock pot for dinner when I suddenly had a change of heart. I asked Ashlyn if she would mind missing school today. With a skeptical look on her face she asked me why and when I answered that I thought maybe we would go to the zoo instead, her facial expression changed to sheer excitement! Then she told me that, "I don't even like school that much anyway!" Okay then.

So off to the zoo we went! I felt a little guilty as we drove right passed her school. But, once we got to the zoo, I ran into our bishop's wife who, incidentally, had taken her kids out of school to also take advantage of free zoo day and then I felt great about the decision to skip school.

We met up with Jen and her sister-in-law and had a wonderful afternoon. The weather was perfect and the animals were all pretty active.

I even forked out $4.00 to get Ashlyn and Trent tickets to ride the carousel- something I am normally too cheap to splurge on.

It's nice to be a little spontaneous once in awhile. If it wasn't for Jen, I'd probably still be in my pajamas :o)


4 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Glad they wanted to brave the zoo again after their not so fun zoo light experience. The animals were probably a little more active too! Sounds like a good excuse to miss school!

Marilyn said...

Sounds like so much fun. Way to be spontaneous! Love the pictures of your kiddos and glad you recorded some of Trent's name calling names. I love the way Luke folds his arms and I'm glad you captured it on camera. Also, that Ashbelle does look grown up! As for #4, I'm sticking to my prediction of a girl. You could always let me in on the secret! :)
Love, Mom

Ashley Rae said...

That looks so cold. I'm a fair-weathered zoo-patron. Haha! Looks like you guys had fun, though!

The Wright's said...

SO glad you joined us!! It was fun, wasn't it. I got home and realized I didn't have a photo of the kids together. Did you, by chance get one? Good times. Glad to spend it with you.