Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Day of School!

Last week was an exciting time in the Smiley household with our two eldest starting school. On Tuesday Trent started preschool and on Wednesday Ashlyn started kindergarten. On Monday night we had a special FHE about school. We read a book, talked about rules and manners, and then Brian gave both Ashlyn and Trent a blessing.

Trent goes to Imagine Preschool which happens to be at the end of our circle - quite convenient. He also gets to go to preschool with his favorite cousin, Maya.

That is one cute girl and one handsome little guy. I just hope this duo doesn't give Miss Amy a run for her money!

I love that Trent didn't even bat an eye about me leaving him there. He was excited and ready for this new adventure!

Ashlyn was equally excited about her first day of school. We spent the morning getting her ready: bubble bath, nail polish, and a curly hair do. She looked adorable.

When we got to the school, I was excited to see our friends Jon and Becky with their son Payton. It is hard believe these two are five!

After snapping a few more photos, it was time to line up and say goodbye.

I got a little choked up, but no tears were shed as I watched her confidently walk into her classroom. She made me proud!

And while I do hate seeing my kids grow up, it does have its advantages. Now on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons after I put Luke down for a nap, I will be enjoying a little bit of peace and quiet. For a couple hours anyway ;o)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Cute kids for sure!

Princess said...

I can't believe how fast they are growing! And is that Ashlyn the worlds best camera poser or what? Ha ha ha I love it! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Ashley Rae said...

Ok, yeah. That little girl is going to be trouble. She is SO darling- and such a ham. Haha.
Your kids are growing up so fast!

All About M.E.('s) said...

It's crazy how much these cute kids have grown up! It's makes me a little sad. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when they were babies.
Ashlyn looks super cute for her first day. Trent does too! Glad they are both enjoying it so far!!

Mary said...

How precious! I so wanted Katie to miss me on the first day of school and it never happened. School is way too much fun for them at that age. What a great time. I am so glad you are so good at recording these events and sharing ...xoxo