Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Final Fourth

This is not "new" news to most people. Word got out early on, thanks to a of couple people (namely Ashlyn) and the fact that once again I was unable to keep my pregnancy from my family due to sickness. So, yes, we are in fact having another child. That will make 4 in 6 years - yikes! But, it was a planned pregnancy and we are very happy.

This will be our final baby, which causes me to sigh with relief. I've said it before and I'll say it again - pregnancy stinks. Not my favorite thing in life, but the end result is definitely worth it. I just don't want to hear from anyone who has easy, carefree, heartburn-free, no puking involved pregnancies. I don't mean to have such a poor attitude and I usually keep it to myself. If you ask Brian, I really don't complain that much when I am pregnant (at least that is what he better say!)

Even though I am excited that this is my last pregnancy, there have been moments of sadness. When I took my pregnancy test and realized that I would never again be able to experience watching that blue line appear, it made me get all teary-eyed. The same thing happened when I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Those are priceless moments.

I had my first appointment last week and everything is A okay. Baby was measuring at 14 weeks, which makes me 15 weeks now and that means only 25 weeks to go!! Due date is somewhere around March 18th - give or take. I have been feeling lots of little flutters, which does bring some needed joy in the midst of all the yuckiness. And, luckily I am now into my second trimester which is, by far, the best of the trimesters.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Jamie! I thought this was such a nice perspective on experiencing your last pregnancy. I'm 27 weeks into my first, and it's good to be reminded that I should be appreciating all the exciting moments and worrying a little less about all the other not so fun stuff that comes with pregnancy.

Thanks, Jamie. Best of luck with your pregnancy. I'm selfishly glad to hear our babies will be so close in age.

Amber said...

How exciting! Congrats!

Lindsay said...

Oh My Gosh - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting! I am so happy for you! Weston's birthday is March 17th, so maybe you'll get a St. Patty's day baby too! That is so fun, I'm sure your kids are excited. Congrats!

All About M.E.('s) said...

This is where I will refrain from telling you how much I LOVE being pregnant. But, my pregnancies aren't carefree and right now I'm at the point where heartburn is a daily issue and there isn't much that offers relief.
I'm glad that you are feeling better and able to enjoy it more. And thank goodness for those little flutters which make it seem more real and remind us that the outcome is worth it!

Ashley Rae said...

Congrats!! That's way exciting. I'm sure it's a bitter-sweet thing, knowing it's your last baby. Good luck with the pregnancy :)

Heather said...

YaY! You and Brian are amazing parents, our world is a little brighter becuase of the little Smiley's! I look forward to meeting this little peanut! Having your last baby is totally bitter-sweet. I'm still trying to get used to the idea that I will never see a blue line again :(

The Simmons Family said...

Congratulations!!! I am a smidget jealous! :) I keep waiting til' Owen is "done" with surgeries, but that will never happen. Someday perhaps. I am very excited for your entire 'Smiley' clan. You sure make adorable kiddos!

Emily said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and I hope you have more feel good days than feel yucky days. The last pregnancy is filled with those moments of recognition- when you know it's the last time for this or that, but your kids are getting into the best ages, and there are so many more fun and unique things coming your way as your kids grow up. take care- remember it's okay to take a nap :)