Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Tired

Holy moly the last four days were nuts! But, it was the good kind of nuts. We definitely had a fun-filled Fourth of July weekend, but we wore ourselves out! All of my kids slept until 9 0'clock this morning - a rare thing that only proved just how super jam-packed the weekend really was. I actually did very little picture taking this weekend, mostly because I kept forgetting my dang camera. But, sometimes it's actually nicer to 'be in the moment' rather than trying to 'capture the moment'.

Here is the rundown:

Friday - A trip to the splash park, and a picnic/movie at another park - "How to Train Your Dragon"
Saturday - Haystack dive at Riverton park, carnival rides, and fireworks.
Sunday - Patriotic pedicures for me and Ash, feeding horses, hot dog roast in my parents backyard, fireworks, and a campout.
Monday - breakfast and camp clean-up, birthday party for Ashlyn's friend Addison, a trip to the airport to pick up Grandpa, and a Bees game followed by more fireworks.

So even though I'm tired, all the activities were a lot of fun and the kids had a great time, which is all that really matters. I'll be honest, I've always liked the 4th of July, but it hasn't ever been at the top of my list as far as holidays go. However, this year was so much fun and I enjoyed myself more than I ever have before, which means that Independence Day just may creep up on my list.

I only had my camera on Sunday night. Here are a couple pictures that I did take:

This is the third year that we've had a family camp out in my parents backyard and it has become a fun little tradition.

Jen and Jeff and their kids joined us on Sunday and Jen was nice enough to bring a box of glow sticks. Little did we know that the glow sticks would prove to be more entertainment for the kids than the fireworks!

Don't let this picuture fool you - they only sat in here and watched the fireworks for may 3 minutes, then they were off to have more fun (and fighting) with their glow sticks!

Fireworks are definitely 'a man thing'. At least they were entertained, even if the kids weren't!

One more thing that happened this weekend, Luke developed a nasty rash that started out small on his face, neck, and chest Sunday morning. It got progressively worse throughout the day and he was covered by Sunday night.

I tried to capture it, but these picture don't really do it justice. It was bad! I did call the pediatricians office and the on-call doctor said it was most likely a reaction to his recent MMR and chicken pox vaccinations. He didn't have any other symptoms and it didn't seem to bother him, so we have just let him ride it out and it has slowly been going away.

I am really hoping for the rest of the week to be quiet and restful. We could all use it!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

So fun - what a great weekend! Sounds like a blast. Definitely exhausting though!

whitney said...

Goodness, you were busy! Sounds like gobs of fun!

Marilyn said...

So glad you were able to take advantage of the back yard! Looked like a fun camp out. Sorry we missed it though:( Love you!

All About M.E.('s) said...

'Twas a fun weekend, albeit a busy one. I'm already looking forward to the festivities next year! :)