Thursday, May 5, 2011

Things I Missed In April

April started out on a good note with April Fools Day. I haven't ever really gotten into the whole practical joke thing. But this year I actual did trick my kids by making them chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes & gravy, and peas for dinner - aka: wafer cookies covered in PB and crushed corn flakes, vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, and airheads rolled into tiny balls. They totally fell for it. It was pretty funny.

Brian spent a couple of days at a five star luxury resort in California, so me and the kids spent a couple of days at my parents house. Luke has become extremely mobile, which in turn, means that he is into anything and everything he can get his hands on. While staying at my parents home, he found the lids to my mom's pots and pans and found himself a new chair.

Luke also found himself stuck in/on Brian's nightstand. He climbed up, but could not figure out how to get off, which was great for me because I was just a couple feet away from him in the bathroom and was able to get ready for the day without worrying were he was and what he was getting into.

I walked downstairs one day to find Ashlyn "decorating" Trent. Kids can find amazing ways to entertain themselves with the simplest of objects. They used the excess from some sticker labels, and after Trent was done, Ashlyn "decorated" herself.

Luke partook of his very first spaghetti dinner - definitely picture worthy!

Trent tried his hand at combing his own hair and was quite proud of his new do.

Warmer weather increased our outdoor play time, which was wonderful. Ashlyn and Trent took advantage of every opportunity they could. Unfortunately, Luke often had to watch from the side lines.

Oh, and the kids got a trampoline, courtesy of Grandpa Mike. It has provided hours upon hours of entertainment, and some darn good exercise to boot.

Warmer weather also means yard work, which Brian has started to tackle. We have big plans, but a small budget. We will probably finish it about the time we are ready to move again ;o)

And that takes care of April...I am really hoping to stay up to date in May. We'll see. I'm not making any promises.

5 comments:

Princess said...

Looks like a great April! It was so good to see you guys and I loved being able to play with the kids! Luke is too precious for workds!

Heather said...

Oh, and on the last day of April, you ran a HALF MARATHON! Don't forget about that!!

Monica Lifferth said...

A trampoline?! My kids are so jealous. How fun! Love all the photos, and that cute Lukey. So cute. :)

Jamie said...

Trent's smile is to die for! And little Luke what a cutie!

All About M.E.('s) said...

You forgot to mention that staying at Mom and Dad's is almost the equivalent of a 5 star hotel :). Cute post. Cute pictures of your kids! And I would dare say that my kids are equally excited about your new trampoline!!