Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lightning

"Hey Dad, you know what's better than getting hit by lightning?"

What?
"Watchin' it."
-Ashlyn, age 4

Utah has been experiencing some crazy storms in the last 24 hours and it is pert near impossible to sleep right now with the insane amount of lightning and thunder, accompanied by winds and rain. Riverton was also hit with two rounds of marble-sized hail this afternoon. These types of storms are rare and so we have enjoyed watching them, grateful to be in the comfort of our home, not getting hit!

6 comments:

Zachary said...

Ha ha! You said "Pert near". I love that saying.

The storms HAVE been crazy. We had lightening strike very, very, VERY near the house we were hanging out in and it blew all the breakers.

Jamie said...

She is so stinkin' funny - ♥ that girl of yours!

Ashley Rae said...

I LOVE lightning storms. They are so cool to watch. And they're even better in Texas.. and Florida. When we lived in Texas the thunder would set off all of the car alarms in the apartment comples. Justin was scared. LOL.

Ashlyn is hilarious. Yes, I would much rather watch it than get hit by it.

Lindsay said...

I know! Weston and I were driving in the hailstorm and I was sure my car was being severely damaged! Crazy weather!

The Carter Family: said...

That was quite funny! One of my girls is really worried about lightning and keeps asking me if "humans" get hit by it! I told her it hardly ever happens and she asked how I knew...I said I watch it on the news and she informed me there is "no such thing as the news!" Being a parent is great-we get to laugh all day!!

rsheedy said...

Okay, I'm kinda jealous. I love lightning storms! Of course, the ones in the midwest (like Oklahoma) are kinda scary because the thunder is SO LOUD. But it's okay as long as your sweetie is near, right?