Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update

First off, some exciting news!! My dear, younger brother Jake has FINALLY started a blog! Go visit and see his adventures @ jakelifferth.blogspot.com

Even though summer days are longer, there still are not enough hours in them. I am slacking in more than one area of my life right now, one of which is blogging. I just don't seem to have any down time lately to spend on the computer. We are too busy having fun!

We had such a fun 4th of July weekend up in Malad, ID - hometown of my sweet sister-in-law Monica. We started off by going to their parade which Ashlyn loved because she got candy thrown at her! Although, she was not usually fast enough to compete with the older kids. Okay by me, because I think she got just enough to satisfy her sweet tooth - and mine ;)

This was Brian's favorite part of the parade. We were all a little bewildered as to what exactly this was? Oh well, it looked neat.

After the parade, we went to the park to join in the festivities going on there. Ashlyn tried cotton candy for the first time - loved it! Then the kids all participated in the races. When it was Ashlyn's age group's turn, I went up to the starting line with her. I took off her shoes and told her to look for daddy at the finish line. Brian waved, but there were so many people, she could not see him. When they yelled go, I told Ashlyn to run! She started off strong, running about 12 feet, before she got confused and scared because she couldn't see her dad, then turned around and ran back to me. Better luck next year!

While we were at the park, Brian discovered that Trent had gotten his FIRST tooth! His second tooth broke through the next day. My little guy is growing up.

Then we had a yummy BBQ at Monica's aunt and uncles home and let the kids play in the water. We finished off the day by watching fireworks - I know, big surprise. We camped that night at Monica's dad's ranch. The next day we packed up and headed into town to cook breakfast at Monica's dad's home. We sat around for awhile afterward and just relaxed - how wonderful!

All to soon, it was time to head home - there was work to do! Yuck! We did some work in the yard and then we went to the Bees game that night. It was a terrible game, they lost 6-0! However, there was a fireworks show after the game and it was incredible! Fireworks two nights in a row, you can't beat that.

One thing about the game. This was the fourth game we had gone to this season, courtesy of Brian's employer. We also went to multiple games last season. They have season tickets and so we sit in the same seats every game, right behind the Bees dugout. During the 3rd inning as we were enjoying our peanuts, a man came up to us and said that we were sitting in his seats. Brian very insistently stated that we had season tickets and always sat there. The man showed Brian his tickets and Brian got out our tickets to compare.

Sure enough, we were in the wrong seats! We had been sitting in the wrong seats all season! Plus, we sat in the wrong seat all of last season! We were suppose to be sitting one section over, which incidentally put us closer to home plate and were better seats. So, we moved. Brian was just a little embarrassed by the whole thing since he was so sure of himself ;) The thing we don't understand is why this was the first time in 1 1/2 seasons that anyone told us we were in the wrong seats?! Go figure.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday. I like these pictures a lot. I must say, that whole seat fiasco sounds sort-of fishy. Did they change your seats on you? How is that possible? Truly bizarre.

Jamie said...

I ♥ the 4th! What a great time. Trent's smile is 2 cute. Yeah for teeth. Can't wait to C U guys.

rsheedy said...

I love summer. It just doesn't last long enough, does it?! Your kids are adorable.

Amber said...

I think I've sat in the wrong seats before too, it's definitely embarrassing!
Your kids are so adorable...

The Carter Family: said...

That is fun you got to enjoy a small-town 4th of July celebration-they are the best!! That is very funny about the seats-how embarrassing for you!!

Erica said...

Glad you had a good time in the home town. Heard the firework show wasn't that great this year though. Sucky! Sorry I missed out on you guys being here. I'm sure you will all be up again...hopefully! *hugs*

Princess said...

LOVE the pictures and I want to see some of the teeth! Sound like a really nice 4th! I miss you guys!

Monica Lifferth said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to come up. It was great having all my family in my favorite place in the world! We need to do it again!

The Simmons Family said...

Sounds like you are having a fantastic and busy summer! Enjoy the weather while you have it! I LOVE the picture of you, trent and Ashlyn... SO adorable! Yeah for Trent finally getting his first teeth... are they the bottom two?? I wish they didn't have to grow up so fast!

Smiley Family said...

Yes Andrea, they are the bottom two. I'll have to try to get a photo to post.

Hello! said...

Teeth huh. I'm gonna have to watch out now.

I must say that those fireworks at the Bee's game were the best we've seen in a long while. Go Larry H.!

Becca said...

Cute pics. Sounds like a fun 4th of July!

Johansen Family said...

We were at that game too. At least the fireworks were good. Poor Abbie still doesn't like fireworks, though, so she just sat there and cried the whole time. Oh well, there is always next year!